Staying at Linacre Private Hospital
We understand that going to hospital can be a concerning time for you and your family. That’s why we try to make everything as comfortable and stress-free as possible. This includes working with you to make all necessary arrangements to prepare your paperwork and pre-admission in advance of your arrival.
On the day of admission
Please check in with the Main Reception at the time indicated by your doctor.
Your doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent ‘nil by mouth’ time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring with you into hospital anything applicable to your admission including:
- health fund number / details (if applicable)
- Medicare card
- regular medications in their original packaging
- pension health benefits card (if applicable)
- pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- relevant x-rays and / or test results
- for a child, a favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs (if applicable)
- night attire
- method for settling your account, we do not accept AMEX or personal cheques
- please do not bring valuables
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions):
- eat or drink anything after midnight for morning surgery
- eat or drink anything after 7am for afternoon surgery – (a light breakfast prior to 7am is acceptable, such as tea and toast)
- smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- wear jewellery, however wedding rings and watches are permitted
- bring valuables, such as a mobile phone or large amounts of cash
- wear make-up or nail polish
Day procedure patients (additional information)
- please shower on the day of admission before coming to the Day Procedure Unit and put on clean clothes
- wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- check with your nurse before informing relatives or friends regarding the time that you should be picked up
Our team of caring and understanding staff are always here to help you. Please speak to our team if you have any special requests or concerns.
Private and Shared Rooms
Your room will be equipped with private telephone, plasma television and en suite facilities. We offer both private and shared rooms. We allocate rooms based on the clinical requirements of your admission. Every effort will be made to give you the best possible room, however this may not always be possible due to limited room availability. We appreciate your understanding.
High Dependency Unit
If you are acutely ill or have had major surgery, you may be cared for in our High Dependency Unit (HDU). This is a separate dedicated four-bed area, which provides specialised facilities and care for the patient by highly skilled HDU staff. Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) is also available for patients with cardiac symptoms and illnesses.
The ward areas are under the supervision of the Nurse Unit Manager during weekdays and a Hospital Coordinator (senior registered nurse manager) on evening, night and weekend shifts.
Visiting hours are 1:00pm to 8:00pm. Please see the Information For Visitors page for further information about visitors.
Our catering department prepares a variety of high quality, fresh meals with our onsite chef. Menus will be provided each morning for you to select your preferred meals. Please notify us if you have any special dietary requirements.
Meals and refreshments are served at the following times:
||8:00am – 8:30am
||10:00am – 10:30am
||12.30pm - 1pm
||2.30pm - 3pm
||5.30pm - 6pm
||7pm - 7.30pm
Drinks and snacks may be purchased from a vending machine located in reception. There is a complimentary coffee machine available to patients and their visitors located in our Charman ward. A parent staying with their child will not be charged for their meal.
Patient information booklet
When you are admitted to your room after surgery, you will receive a Patient Information Booklet with further information about your stay. This includes details on treatments, additional services, emergency procedures, discharge, flowers, infection control and much more.
If you would like to receive the patient information booklet in advance of your stay with us, please contact us to request a copy.