For Patients: Day Patients
Your specialist will make the necessary booking for you for the Day Procedure Unit. However, before you arrive, please note the following:
Your specialist will instruct you regarding any special preparation prior to your procedure. Please follow these instructions carefully and do not drink alcohol the day before admission
As certain types of anaesthetics may cause drowsiness and impair your mental alertness, legally you need to arrange for someone to collect you after your procedure
Wear loose, comfortable attire
Do not wear make-up, jewellery or nail polish on the day of admission
Please notify Day Surgery Unit Manager if there are any special needs
- Accommodation is shared in the Day Surgery Unit, no visitors are allowed with the exception of one parent escorting their child or carers of patients.
What to bring
- List of all current medications
- Current medications in their original container/packet
- Relevant X-rays, or other imaging scans and pathology reports
- A favourite toy or game (children), and bottles/feeding cups if applicable.
What Not To Bring
- Do not bring valuables or large sums of money to hospital as Linacre Private Hospital can not take responsibility for any lost or stolen belongings.