Dr Asthana is passionate about a holistic and personalised approach to gastroenterology and ensures that the highest quality is delivered for his patients.
He delivers national and international talks as well as publishing papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is one of the first physicians in Australia to perform and teach intestinal ultrasound and is currently on both national and international committees. He is currently a Senior Medical staff member at Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- Graduated from the prestigious King's College, London UK
- A graduate from the Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS) & The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- Awarded VESKI award from the Victorian Government for his research in intestinal ultrasound in Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Undertook training at Kings College Hospital, Guys' & St. Thomas Hospital, Box Hill Hospital and The Alfred Hospital
Dr Asthana's services include:
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Food intolerance breath testing
- Heliprobe testing
- Intestinal ultrasound
- Direct-access endoscopy (no consultation required)
Dr Asthana can cater for insured and uninsured (public hospital) patients.
Dr Asthana will accept direct access referrals for endoscopy for suitable patients. Please contact his rooms directly on 03 8814 1778